The Tajfel Page
Here is the study that you need to learn for the core studies exams.
Everything else on this page is extra useful stuff.
You can also find all of the past exam questions on Tajfel's study here.
Here is a short comprehension exercise.
The glossary has a brief summary of the Tajfel study.
Here is a biography of Henri Tajfel.
This is a description of social identity theory.
In this great picture Henri Tajfel has his hands crossed.
This video below is a summary of Jane Elliott’s
famous experiment where
she divided her class of children based upon the colour of their eyes and bestows
upon one group privileges and on the other group impediments. Not
surprisingly her eye
colour experiment created quite a storm at the time and is still
shocking today. The narration is by Phil Zimbardo. You might
want to think about how this study differs from Tajfel's.
I have been telling my students for a long time now that I would add a relevant song to every study. There are many songs, for many reasons, that represent each core study. Here is my song for this study. It is relevant - the theme music from the Matrix. And it is very good. Any suggestions for any of the core studies welcome but I will only add them if I like the song.
More StuffMore pages.
- Cognitive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Individual Differences
- Physiological Psychology
- Social Psychology
And A Bit More Stuff
Some more pages.
- About (just stuff about this site)
- Core Studies 2 (a quick link to stuff about this paper)
- Exam Questions (past exam questions of course)
- Shop (you know you want to buy something)
- Links (nearly as fab as books)
- Further reading (books are fab)
- A Level Psychology (that stuff you do in the 2nd year)
- LearnByIt (where you can buy stuff that I have written)
- Learn Psychology (great site for any students of psychology)