The Core Studies 1 and 2
You will see from the table below that 66.6% of the total grade for this course is assessed by two 1 hour examinations of the 20 core studies. Click here for more details
33.3% of the total grade is assessed by a further exam on psychological methodology and data collection.. More details about this unit can be found here
Core Studies 1
This 1 hour exam paper will consist of 20 compulsory short answer questions on each of the core studies.
Core Studies 2
This 1 hour exam is made up of two sections:
A: Choice of one from two structured essays. Questions relate
themes and perspectives applied to ONE core study (52%)
Section B: Choice of one from two structured essays. Questions relate to methods, themes and perspectives raised by Core Studies (48%)
This 1 hour examination requires you to answer questions on work conducted during practical activities. You should complete a practical folder. The folder should contain notes about four specified practical activities. The examination contains questions about all of these practical activities as well as questions about general issues of methodology.
More StuffMore pages.
- Cognitive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Individual Differences
- Physiological Psychology
- Social Psychology
And A Bit More Stuff
Some more pages.
- About (just stuff about this site)
- Core Studies 2 (a quick link to stuff about this paper)
- Exam Questions (past exam questions of course)
- Shop (you know you want to buy something)
- Links (nearly as fab as books)
- Further reading (books are fab)
- A Level Psychology (that stuff you do in the 2nd year)
- PsychBlog (great blog dedicated to OCR psychology)
- LearnByIt (where you can buy stuff that I have written)
- Learn Psychology (great site for any students of psychology)